Thursday, March 20, 2008

Anticipation



The second day of spring and I woke to another chilly morning. NPR says that snow is falling in some parts of the sound. I will start a new painting today in anticipation on my "Spring Garden" show at Macrina which opens on April 3. I seem to live my life in anticipation of wonderful things and know that dreaming of the future is often more invigorating than its actual arrival. This is one of the reasons I love this time of year. The garden is bursting with anticipation.The cherry tree is covered in buds and I love the strength of their clean shapes even more than the cluttered extravagance of the full blown blossoms they will become.

I have so many plants in pots, waiting to be put in the ground. These hollyhocks were grown from seed last summer. I wonder if they will flower this year if I plant them soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment