Friday, January 2, 2009

New Year's Day


Henry and I harvested our potatoes and carrots on New Year's Day. Funny to think that a week ago the ground was frozen and under snow. It felt good getting rid of slimy leaves and stems from the devastated annuals and I felt a little guilty, knowing that by comparison, our friends and family in Eastern Canada will have to wait months for the ground to thaw. The climate is so forgiving here in Seattle. Today I hope to get my autumn bulbs planted!
Happy New year!

2 comments:

  1. That's quite a harvest! Congrats to them (and you) for surviving the wicked early winter weather. No need to feel guilty - we live here for a reason! Well, I was missing California these past couple of weeks... Oh, and if you're interested in a Seattle garden bloggers' meet-up, please visit my blog to say if you're in! Hoping for at least a few folks, later this month or early next. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful harvest! I like your paintings in the other posts, too. I'm glad to find your blog. I'm gardening south of Seattle. Paula

    ReplyDelete