Sunday, March 1, 2009

The Last Winter Painting of the Season?


I am not sure this painting is finished but I am tired of looking at that lily bulb on this blog so here is what I am working on. Any day now (!) it will be spring and I won't feel like painting these snowy scenes. I don't have a name for this yet but it is about the peace and solitude of winter. The plants are cardoon, ivy geranium and the marvelous black pussy willows that my new pal gave me from her garden. See her blog at www.lifeontigermountain.blogspot.com

You can click on this painting above to see the details better. There are more bunnies but they are abandoning the scene and only the solitary bunny pauses to look at me. Or maybe I am the solitary bunny and I am pausing to look at you! Ooo. Deep.

6 comments:

  1. Deep indeed! And cute, and lovely, and haunting. I feel connected to this piece in another way too, since I also got to carry home a handful of those pussy willows, which are still delighting me on a daily basis. :) Wonderful painting once again, Jean!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your paintings always leave me feelings so happy, Jean. I love the happy little bunny, but if you were here it wouldn't be the last winter painting of the season, trust me.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, it's so lovely to see more bunnies, even if it is a winter scene. This absolutely comes alive on the canvan. What a wonderful talent! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comments. It is so nice to be able to get feedback on these paintings. Karen I love the word "haunting" to describe the painting. Yes. That is what I was going for.

    Jodi I always feel apologetic talking about spring here while you folks are stuck in the snow still. I always thought March was the nastiest weather month in the Maritimes. But then you guys appreciate spring so much more.

    Hi Melanthia. This painting is what I did instead of hypertufa yesterday. I am always so torn between gardening and painting! Thanks for commenting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the contrast of the white bunny and the black pussy willows. Actually, this painting reminds me very much of a beautiful book that I loved when I was small. It was called something like "the Black Bunny and the White Bunny", and the bunnies fell in love with each other. Hopeless romantic, already then...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the record you made of last year's flower stalks, too. It looks to be a world just for the bunnies. While I has traveling, my black willow stalks sprouted what may be some roots, I hope, I hope! Paula

    ReplyDelete