Saturday, May 24, 2008

Serendipity

Where did this Fringe cup come from? It has volunteered to grace my garden with its funny fringy-ness and its weird lime green brightness. I almost weeded it out this spring but the heuchera-like leaves looked so intentional that I left it. It is native to the Seattle area and I have seen its cousins growing in the woods around here. I am wondering if I planted it...Am I the only gardener who can't remember what I have planted? If you are a kind friend who gave this to me, please forgive me forgetting and know that I am enjoying it. If a kind bird dropped the seed in a perfect spot in the front of my perennial bed, thank you serendipity.


1 comment:

  1. How fortunate Jean! It is very beautiful with it's fringed blooms. Looks like it chose the perfect spot!

    ReplyDelete