Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Trick or Treat


I took a break from painting arbutus trees this morning to walk up to the store and buy cat food. Such is my social life at the moment. But the leaves at my feet were shining in the pale sunlight and the world was golden.


I was so fascinated with these catkins and the wheel chair ramp dots that I didn't look up to see what kind of tree I was under. Autumn is full of colorful treats like this. I'm so glad I got out of the house.


Not autumn leaves but arbutus bark photographed in the middle of summer. Trick or treat


I guess it's time to get back to the studio.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos, Jean. I'm curious where the arbutus panels will end up. I love watching the progress. I hope you'll post more photos. There was only enough water across the road for a salmon to swim across with it's back exposed. I was tempted but didn't catch him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait, arbutus bark exfoliates? Am I mixing it up with madrona? Or are they related?? Must go look it up. Good to get out of the house sometimes and see what there is to see, especially during a "sunbreak" as you seem to have found one. Hope the painting continues to go well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Birch catkins?
    http://www.hainaultforest.co.uk/Silver%20birch%20catkins.jpg

    ReplyDelete